This Valentine’s Day, your cup runneth over. We tasked top bartenders to create two sexy sippers inspired by love, lust and their favorite shows.
KALINDA’S CUCUMBER-POMEGRANATE PUNCH
INSPIRATION: Kalinda Sharma, The Good Wife
Hosting a Valentine’s Day party? Whip up a big batch of this antioxidant-rich, bootylicious brew created by lifestyle expert Max Tucci and inspired by The Good Wife’s sultry Kalinda Sharma. (Order Oscar’s Delmonico Vodka at 866-ODVODKA or at horseneck.com.)
1 cup Oscar’s Delmonico Vodka
2 10-ounce bottles no-sodium club soda
1 cup AriZona Pomegranate Green Tea
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
10 thin lemon slices
10 thin cucumber slices
10 cups crushed ice
10 springs of fresh mint
- In a large pitcher, mix vodka with club soda, tea and lemon juice.
- Place one slice each of lemon and cucumber in a highball or rocks glass.
- Fill with crushed ice and punch. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint. Serves 10.
MOLLY’S HOT CHOCOLATE MARTINI
INSPIRATION: Molly Flynn, Mike & Molly
LOCATION: Maggie’s Pub, Lake Placid Lodge, 144 Lodge Way, Lake Placid, NY (518-523-2700)
For Mike and Molly’s first Valentine’s Day together in chilly Chicago, what better way to celebrate than snuggled up with tipples for two? Bartender Lori Kudelski whipped up a warming treat that will stimulate all the senses.
1.5 ounces Hennessy Cognac
2 ounces cayenne chocolate sauce (see below)
2 ounces cream
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Serve in a chilled cocktail glass.
INGREDIENTS (Cayenne Chocolate Sauce)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
Teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups boiling water
- Combine cocoa, sugar and cayenne pepper.
- Add boiling water, whisk until smooth. Chill.
Originally published in Watch! magazine, February 2012